Useful Tips on "HOW TO START BLOGGING".
Blog writing is an important tool to promote your business. Internet has provided an opportunity for wider reach of audience. Anyone planning a startup should take advantage of this medium.
A blog allows you to write and publish anything, from anywhere, and have it be immediately available to billions of people all around the world.
So, you want to start a blog huh? Great idea!
But…how the heck do you get started? There’s so much info out there on the web, and everyone’s telling you to do different things. Who do you listen to? Where’s the starting point?
Damnit, maybe you should just forget it – it’s too confusing!
Well, hold up. I used to be a blogging newbie too. I had the same problems. I started my blog (BloggingBasics101.com) way back in 2006, and I knew less than nothing about blogging. In fact it was only the week before I’d learnt what a blog was.
Now I know a ton about them, and my blog’s doing pretty well – I receive more than 300,000unique visitors per month which makes me consider myself someone you could listen to and learn from when it comes to building your own blog. I’m not some sort of Guru, but I certainly do know the basics.
I promise it’ll be simple, relatively easy, and definitely easy to understand (no stupid jargon). Sound good?
Doing anything for the first time creates fear and anxiety. One ponders how to go about writing blogs. Do I have the necessary writing skills? What topic or what should be the focus of the blogs? Where do I publish the blogs?
“Where the Internet is about availability of information, blogging is about making information creation available to anyone.”- George Siemens
Trolls and people saying mean things about us (it has happened
plenty of times)
· Not being good enough
· Starting in the wrong niche and having to start over again from scratch.
· Regretting our blog name that kept us from starting
· Failure and the embarrassment from that failure
· People thinking less of us for quitting our “real” jobs and becoming bloggers
· Most of all: Fear of putting ourselves out there and exposing who we are to the world. We didn’t have our faces on the blog for a long time because of this.
1. Choose a topic for writing blogs. The topic should be related to your business.
2. Select a domain name for writing your blogs
3. Look at the trends on the above topic in the social media sites. Pinterest boards on your selected topics may be of use.
4. Use Microsoft word to compose and ensure spelling and grammatical errors are avoided
5. Write a minimum of 450-500 words
6. Use at least one image per blog
7. Have as many subtitles as possible making each paragraph not more than 4-5 lines
8. Choose the time interval. For a starter, it can be once a week on a particular day
9. Thank readers giving comments
10. Measure your website traffic.
11. Increase the frequency when you notice that traffic increase is slowing down
12. Always keep an inventory of 3-4 blogs
1. Read blogs relating to your subject and post your comments. This is sure way of building interest which has a reciprocal effect
“A blog is only as interesting as the interest shown in others.” -― Lee Odden,
2. As a blogger, everything that you do flows from understanding your audience and seeking to help them as much as possible.
I. Increases search engine traffic. ...
II. Humanizes your brand. ...
III. Supports your social media initiatives. ...
IV. Builds authority in your industry. ...
V. Improves conversion rates. ...
VI. Helps generate inbound links. ...
VII. Helps you rank for long-tail search queries. ...
VIII. Increases leads
“If you want to continually grow your blog, you need to learn to blog on a consistent basis.”- Neil Patel
Any time is the right time to start and sooner the start one will reap the benefits faster
Go ahead and start publishing blogs and as NIKE advertisement says “Just do it”