Why Outsource Digital Marketing especially by Small Businesses ?
Small businesses need support in many activities where in-house expertise is not available. Hiring the resources full time can add enormous cost as startups have to be lean to succeed. Presence in the digital world has become a necessity in view of its potential reach cost effectiveness.
Digital marketing is an umbrella term for the marketing of products or services using digital technologies, mainly on the Internet, but also including mobile phones, display advertising, and any other digital medium
Digital marketing such as search engine optimization (SEO), content marketing, content automation, campaign marketing, e-commerce marketing, social media marketing, e-mail direct marketing, display advertising, e–books, optical disks and games, are becoming more and more common in our advancing technology
Should digital marketing be outsourced, managed in-house or outsourced partially?
Any process or service that doesn't directly improve customer service or generate new customers should be outsourced. A fast food restaurant should keep an IT firm on retainer instead of hiring an IT employee. A customer goes to the fast food restaurant for service and quality of food which is front end activity. The customer is not bothered about backend activities. Hence in this business Digital marketing is a utility. Not a differentiator.
Digital marketers - app/web developers, search marketing experts, pay-per-click gurus and web designers handle a lot of intellectual property. The utilization of in-house employee will be low as Digital Marketing is not core activity to the business.
The technology changes rapidly. It is difficult to keep pace with these changes by any startup team and this activity is core for digital marketing agency. For survival, they have to adopt to these rapid changes. Seven advantages
1. Online technological expertise – a professional marketing agency will be backed with an expert team that are highly adept in online media.
2. Affordable than offline marketing – during the early times, an organization had very few choices of promoting their brand on TV and the print media which are expensive. Organizations today are exploring digital media which is quite economical compared to offline.
3. Backed via valuable resources – lead generation and social media updates on a regular basis are valuable resources that an organization gets. Besides the organizations hold a strong backup of media experts and analytics that have a good understanding about the market and generate an idea accordingly for the campaign.
4. Bring down the burden – Organizations run through different departments and require taking care of every department. Via handing over the task of marketing to an agency will bring down a company’s burden and pay attention to other departments.
5. Great leadership – Top agencies are run via great leaders that may work with you directly or indirectly. They will put their expertise to market every brand which will work wonders in helping the company in receiving a good return.
6. Walk along modern marketing trend – The online marketers remain updated with the current marketing trend used for promoting a brand. To consult companies means investing time to stay updated with the most recent strategies, technologies and trend tools.
Much more than marketing – digital agencies will not limit itself to merely marketing. They also possess the right resource of web designers, graphic designers, SEO and content writers.
Digital marketing differs from traditional marketing in that it involves the use of channels and methods that enable an organization to analyze marketing campaigns and understand what is working and what isn’t – typically in real time
Digital marketing is very dynamic. For success on digital, it’s critical that marketers stay on top of emerging trends, best practices, and new technologies. In-house digital marketing will necessitate training and development of employees which will consume resources.
Digital marketing is an enabler and cost effective and therefore it is necessary to have the top talent. Outsourcing serves this need for small businesses.