Startups and Apps - Opportunities Galore
Apps development is a growing and potential area for technology entrepreneurs to start a venture. Many apps based ventures like WhatsApp, Instagram, and Messenger have become a brand creating waves in the apps industry.
Apps development also provides opportunity for solopreneurs who do not want to manage a large team or invest large capital in asset acquisition.
“Think about this statistic: 2% of app developers claim about 54% of all app revenues. So, how do you join that alluring 2%? Have a well-thought out plan to profit from your app. And hash this out before your app launches.”- Annum Munir -Content Marketing Manager at Localytics..
Image source: Stuart Miles
The exploding communication devices like tablets and smart phones offer apps development opportunities. Mobile apps development has become a separate vertical with affordable smart phones, broad band availability and 4G launch in developing countries like India and China.
Movie tickets, taxi booking, food delivery service, health care services, mobile games etc. are popular.
The astonishing growth of E- Commerce business has led to the development of apps for these sites and many new entrepreneurs have joined millionaires club.
The website Ideas watch.com has listed 722 startup ideas for apps development.
An example from the website - Graphical
restaurant reservation system (0nko)
“A reservation system for pubs and restaurants that would allow you to see a graphical layout of the establishment. You would see what tables are available at what times and you'd be able to book a specific table for a specific time. You could do it on the web or using a mobile app without needing to call the restaurant. You can pick your seats on a plane, why not a restaurant?”
The apps development is attracting funding from the venture capital industry.A few sources of funding are listed below
.i. Apps Funder
Recent Trends in India (Source- Times of India News Paper)
1. Udupi, a tier three town in Karnataka, is creating waves as new tech. entrepreneurs are developing apps for marquee clients like Disney, Warner brothers, MTS and Sears. Skilled manpower is available from around twenty Engineering Colleges within a 60 km radius. The quality of life for entrepreneur as well as employees is far better as commuting time is very small and rentals are moderate.
2. Tripigator has developed a mobile app for travel planning having 80,000 downloads.
3. Bumper -A mobile app for car service and repair. It has raised $500,000 funding and has 100 registered dealerships in Bangalore.
Information from web on popular mobile apps developed in India
4. Hike is a communication app that offers both SMS and instant messaging in one single app which does not require internet on mobiles
5. Pulse, a news reading app taken over by LinkedIn5.Nightstand HD2 is one of the first alarm clock app in webstores
6.. Parking Frenzy- The task is to park at the most challenging spot they can offer. The popularity of this app can be gauged by the fact that it is Rated 4+ by more than 60K people.
The apps development is offering a strong ecosystem for promoting startups and also for tech savvy persons an opportunity to monetize their intellectual capital.